Pages

Football: Diaz future in his hands not City's, says Guardiola

Football: Diaz future in his hands not City's, says Guardiola

MANCHESTER, United Kingdom (AFP) - Manchester City will be unable to do anything to keep highly-regarded midfielder Brahim Diaz if he decides to join Real Madrid the English champions manager Pep Guardiola said on Saturday (Dec 29).
The 19-year-old Spain Under-21 international has been in discussions over a move to the European champions, having become frustrated by a lack of first-team opportunities at the Etihad Stadium.
If the move goes through, it would be the second time in 18 months that City has lost a talented young player who has become frustrated at not playing.
Jadon Sancho left City for Borussia Dortmund in 2017, and has since gone on to make 29 Bundesliga appearances and win three full England caps.
Guardiola claimed he was not aware of how far discussions had progressed between City and Real over Diaz, but a deal is expected to go through in the coming days for a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.
"I don't have any new information on that," said Guardiola at Saturday's press conference on the eve of their match with Southampton.
"I know they are in conversation, but I don't have any new information about the situation. Today (Saturday), he trained with us.
"I was clear last week when I spoke about it. We do everything to keep them (the young players) but they decide."
Guardiola takes his City team to Southampton looking to end a disappointing run of results, with his side dropping to third place in the Premier League after losing three of their past four matches.
The City manager said he saw it as his responsibility to lead the team back to form as they attempt to catch leaders Liverpool, after the disappointment of consecutive defeats against Crystal Palace and Leicester.
"It is a big challenge for me; I have to show whether I'm good or not," he said.
"I wouldn't say I like the situation but I know it's common in football and I like to handle it.
"I will help them and assist them to help each other and we will come back who we are. We will move forward."
City have struggled in the absence of holding midfielder Fernandinho, who missed the defeats by Crystal Palace and Leicester because of injury, and who remains doubtful for the Southampton game, even though he has returned to training.
Guardiola insists he has no plans to change his mind and buy players in January, repeating a statement he made in November.
"I think the answer was clear two times," he said.
"It is still the same."
The manager said he tried to sign cover for Fernandinho before the start of the season, but was thwarted because his targets could not be persuaded to come to the club.
"We tried in the summer but the players don't want to come. What can we do?
"We wait until the end of the window but it didn't happen."


In 1983 the company changed its name to Petranol and in February the following year it was launched on the London Stock Exchange. Some 2.8m shares, or 27 per cent of the equity, were offered for sale at 125p a share, valuing Petranol at Pounds 13m. Mr Smith controlled 3.8m shares or 36.5 per cent, worth, at the launch, Pounds 4.75m.
3 June by Kuwait Times - Issuu


London (AFP) - Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has been given a one-match ban by the Football Association for improper conduct after sarcastically applauding referee Andre Marriner. Zaha was punished following his antics in Palace's Premier League draw at Southampton on January 30.
Palace's Zaha banned for referee sarcastic clap | Sport24


Dec 11, 2017 · Jaguars ban four fans who threw objects in Seahawks game. The fans will not face criminal charges but will no longer be allowed to attend events at EverBank Field.
Montenegro get one-game fan stadium ban for racial abuse of


Feb 27, 2019 · A portrait of Emiliano Sala on the pitch at Nantes before a match there on 10 February. Photograph: Loïc Venance/AFP/Getty Images Nantes have complained to Fifa that Cardiff have not paid the
Cardiff to tell Fifa that Emiliano Sala's transfer from


Sport24.co.za | Man City still teenagers in adult world of Champions League - Guardiola • Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has again cast doubt on the Premier League champions' readiness to win the Champions League for the first time.
Football: Uefa panel to recommend Man City Champions League


Real Madrid have signed Serbia striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for 60 million euros (£52.39 million), television channel Sky Germany said on Thursday. Soccer Football - Europa League
Real Madrid sign Jovic for 60 million euros - report


Football news - Wolves beat Bournemouth in their best top-flight run for 38 years. Wolves' previous top-flight campaign in 2011-12 ended with just 25 points and relegation.
Wolves beat Bournemouth in their best top-flight run for 38


Football: Hougang United lose two-goal lead twice to draw 3-3 with 10-man Tampines Rovers. Tampines Rovers and Hougang United players in action during their Singapore Premier League match at Our
Football: Hougang United lose two-goal lead twice to draw 3-3


Crystal Palace star banned for referee sarcastic clap. Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has been given a one-match ban by the Football Association for improper conduct after sarcastically
FA bans Palace's Zaha for referee sarcastic clap - Punch

Title: Where the Pavement Ends
Full text of "Mens Health November 2015 SG" - Internet Archive


The new era will require a deep understanding of learning. No one in the organization is better poised than L&D to deliver. The race will soon be on. L&D can (and should) seize this opportunity to become central to organizational success. There is no room for complacency in L&D.
COMPLACENCY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary


BARCELONA, March 9 (Reuters) - Lionel Messi created a goal and scored another as Barcelona came from behind to beat struggling Rayo Vallecano 3-1 at home on Messi shines as Barca survive scare
Messi shines as Barca survive scare to see off Rayo

0 comments:

Post a Comment