
MADRID (REUTERS) - Barcelona are fully focused on winning La Liga and if possible want to wrap up the title before next week's Champions League semi-final clash with Liverpool, coach Ernesto Valverde said on Monday (April 22).
The Catalans, who are on 77 points and are nine ahead of second-placed Atletico Madrid, travel to Alaves on Tuesday.
If they beat Alaves and Atletico Madrid fail to win against fifth-placed Valencia 24 hours later, then Valverde's side will be crowned champions on Wednesday.
"A lot of people ask me if we want to get La Liga boxed off and that's what anyone would want to do," Valverde told a news conference.
"We want to win La Liga, whenever that may be and we'll see if we can get that done.
"It looks easy on paper: a win here, a draw there, we win it on a certain day but we have a lot of good teams to face with a lot to play for and things aren't easy."
Valverde is likely to give winger Ousmane Dembele a run out as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury suffered last month.
"He's not at 100 per cent. He will be getting his rhythm (back) little by little; he brings us a lot of speed and that will come in useful against sides who want to press high as we can use him in the spaces that leaves."
The 55-year-old was curt when asked whether Dembele would replace Philippe Coutinho in the pecking order now that the Frenchman was back from injury.
"Here nobody has gone in front of anybody. Everyone we have here is a great player and while we might have had situations where one has replaced the other one, that kind of thing happens in all clubs," he said.
"Each player is looking for his place and to be in the best shape they can be. In this case, Dembele has played, or Coutinho has played. They can even play together."
Valverde will be without long-term absentee Rafinha for the trip to the Basque country, while Thomas Vermaelen and Samuel Umtiti remain doubts.
Alaves, who are eighth on 46 points, will be without Jonathan Calleri (suspended) and injured trio Guillermo Maripan, Takashi Inui and Jorge Burgui.
Inter Milan name Antonio Conte as coach The 49-year-old former Chelsea manager has signed a three-year contract worth nine million euros ($10 million) plus bonuses, according to press reports.
Antonio Conte excited for 'new chapter' after being appointed
After a seven-month wait, the Lions will play at the National Stadium again, and also welcome a new ringmaster. The Straits Times understands that the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) will unveil Tatsuma Yoshida as the new national coach this week, after announcing yesterday two international friendlies against Solomon Islands on June 8 and Myanmar on June 11.
Singapore national football team - Wikipedia
Madrid set to be Hazard's new home BAKU • Eden Hazard helped make it a night to celebrate for Chelsea in Baku, but the Belgian's confirmation that it was almost certainly his last game for the club opened the way to a summer of uncertainty at Stamford Bridge.
Madrid set to be Hazard's new home - Virginia Bus
virginiabus.info/sports/madrid-set-to-be-hazards-new-home/
BAKU • Eden Hazard helped make it a night to celebrate for Chelsea in Baku, but the Belgian's confirmation that it was almost certainly his last game for the club opened the way to a summer of uncertainty at Stamford Bridge. Hazard scored twice, including a penalty, and set up another goal for Pedro Rodriguez […]
Real Madrid set to unveil Hazard at the Bernabeu on Monday
BARCELONA: Lionel Messi created a goal and scored another as Barcelona came from behind to beat struggling Rayo Vallecano 3-1 at home on Saturday and stay seven points clear at the top of La Liga
Soccer: Messi shines as Barca survive scare to see off Rayo
Kane 'proud' of England response to race jibes Harry Kane spoke Thursday of his pride at how his teammates dealt with being racially abused in Montenegro as he collected an award for "services to football" after leading England to the World Cup semi-finals.
Harry Kane 'proud' of England response to race jibes- The New
Man City end Liverpool's unbeaten run, cut lead to four Klopp's side and cutting their lead at the top to four points. sides showing that for all their trademark attractive football, they
Man City end Liverpool's unbeaten run, cut lead to four
Sample Messages Box offers you free sample messages and wishes for all occasions. Your one stop destination for example messages,sample text messages, sample email messages and sample wishes.You will find thoughtful sample wordings written from the heart, for everyday occasions, for everyone!
Welcome Messages Examples, Sample Welcome Message on Websites
Soccer Extras: Late Ronaldo goal foils Torino May 04, 2019 10:08 IST Cristiano Ronaldo headed a late equaliser to deny Torino their first win away to neighbours Juventus for 24 years as the two
Late Ronaldo goal foils Torino - uk.sports.yahoo.com
SINGAPORE - Former Football Association of Singapore (FAS) general secretary Winston Lee withdrew his candidacy for one of nine seats on the executive committee members of the Asian Football
Football: Ex-FAS general secretary Winston Lee withdraws
sports-life-news.com/soccer/football-ex-fas-general-secretary-winston-lee-withdraws-candidacy-for-afc-exco-seat/
SINGAPORE - Former Football Association of Singapore (FAS) general secretary Winston Lee withdrew his candidacy for one of nine seats on the executive committee members of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), just before the Asian football body's congress in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday (April 6).
Football: Ex-FAS general secretary Winston Lee withdraws
Recalling Origi's "lucky goal", the Portuguese manager also mocked the manner in which the Reds boss celebrated the win as if it "was the final of a World Cup". EVERTON V LIVERPOOL Singtel TV
When the Reds will compete in the Club World Cup
Football News: Pele remains under "observation" in a Brazilian hospital, his doctors said Thursday, describing the three-time World Cup winner as "clinically stable"
Pele remains under 'observation' in Brazil hospital: doctors
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was Monday charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following his side's defeat to Burnley. Mauricio Pochettino in an argument with Referee
Football: Tottenham boss Pochettino charged with improper
0 comments:
Post a Comment